Well you had me at Fritos! I love them. This Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie recipe prepared in the slow cooker is a huge win! Simply place your chuck roast into the slow cooker and add all the ingredients (except your Fritos of course). Let the crock pot do the hard work for 8-10 hours and then assemble this delicious Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie when you are ready for dinner.
This makes a delicious way to meal prep for the week too!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 can 15 oz pinto beans with liquid
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp gluten-free cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 15 oz bag of Frito corn chips
- 16 oz salsa
- toppings of your choice i.e. hot sauce, lettuce, guacamole, corn, dairy-free cheese, etc
- Place chuck roast into crockpot.
- Combine chopped onion, beans, water, cumin, granulated onion, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper. Pour over top of roast in crockpot.
- Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot and using 2 forks, shred meat.
- Drain about half the liquid from the crockpot.
- Return shredded meat to the crockpot and stir so beans and juices will mix in.
- Place Fritos in individual bowls, add meat and your favorite toppings.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.