Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Scallops with Bacon & Spinach is an amazingly easy recipe that delivers a wonderfully tasty low carb meal. Who doesn't love a recipe that has bacon in it??? I love everything that comes with bacon and this dish is no exception. Not only is it gluten free but it is also Paleo. It is low carb and full of protein. We hope you enjoy it!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 9 Points
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Scallops with Bacon & Spinach
- 3 center-cut nitrate-free bacon slices
- 1 1/2 lb jumbo sea scallops about 12
- 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves sliced
- 12 oz organic fresh baby spinach
- 4 lemon wedges optional
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan reserving 1 Tbsp drippings in pan; coarsely chop bacon, and set aside. Increase heat to high.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add scallops to drippings in pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side until done. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half of spinach; cook one minute. Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining salt and pepper. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with chopped bacon and scallops. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.
Recipe source: The Cooking Light Gluten-Free Cookbook.
Gluten Free Desserts:
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.