Creamy Banana Pudding is one of my favorite desserts. My Mother-in-Law passed this recipe to me and I have to say it is the best and most Creamy Banana Pudding I have ever eaten! This is a must print, pin, save and share recipe if you like Banana Pudding. No holiday is complete without it! She literally doubles it and makes a punch bowl size! Everyone who has every tried this recipe enjoys it. In fact my Dad who is a huge banana pudding fan said it was the best banana pudding he has ever eaten! So I call this a keeper!
As you know I am gluten free. I decided to make this recipe gluten free for my husbands birthday (well so I could enjoy it too). I invited over my Mom, Dad and niece and we all LOVED it! In fact no one realized it was gluten free until I took a serving too! One tip is that I would make it 24 hours before you are going to serve to be sure your vanilla wafers soften up a bit. Regardless it is delicious and everyone gobbled it up! I personally use kinnikinnick vanilla wafers for this recipe. I find they taste great and are so good in our Gluten Free Creamy Banana Pudding. I hope you enjoy this delicious dessert as much as we do.
Gluten Free Creamy Banana Pudding is a simply to make no bake dessert that is perfect for holidays, parties or picnics. No matter why you make it I am going to guarantee you that everyone will LOVE it! If if you aren't gluten free 🙂
Creamy Banana Pudding
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 4 serving package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups whipping cream whipped*
- 36 vanilla wafers
- 3 medium bananas sliced (dipped in lemon juice to keep from browning)
- lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix and beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Lay Vanilla wafers with the bottom out (see picture). Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.
- Top with 1/3 each of the vanilla wafers, bananas and remaining pudding. Repeat layering twice ending with pudding mixture. Chill thoroughly.
- Decorate with crumbled vanilla wafers on top.