This Gluten-Free Sausage and Peppers Pasta is a quick, weeknight meal that won't heat up your kitchen too much for summer! It is packed full of flavor and can easily be served with a side of pasta. My family enjoys the flavor profile and I like that you can make it in less than 30 minutes on the stove top!
Gluten-Free Sausage & Peppers Pasta
- 8 oz dried Gluten-Free penne pasta
- 12 oz Italian sausages thickly sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium sweet peppers red or yellow, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup dried parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, slice the sausages. In a large skillet, cook sausage and sweet pepper in coconut oil over medium-heat until sausage is brown; drain.
- Add the broth and black pepper to skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour over pasta; add parsley, and stir gently to coat.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.