Everyone loves a delicious pancake breakfast, and our favorite super easy Gluten Free Skinny Apple Pancakes recipe is one you will love! It's semi-homemade using our favorite Gluten Free Bisquick mix but tweaked just a bit to create a delicious apple flavor that is also lower in fat and calories. This is a great treat for your weekend breakfasts!
Gluten Free Skinny Apple Pancakes
I love using something like a purchased mix and adapting to meet our needs. Thankfully, there are tons of great gluten-free mixes out there that fit into our diet needs without costing too much. Bisquick makes a great Gluten-Free mix that is ideal for these pancakes
I adjusted the instructions on the box to fit our needs by making them lower in fat, and full of flavor. I also add a bit of a diced apple topping to the mix, but you could serve without if you prefer.
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 1/2 Cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1/4 Cup Egg Substitute
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda or sugar substitute of preference
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Heat griddle or skillet over high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions of batter onto griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn when top is bubbling and bottom is beginning to brown.
- Cook additional 3 minutes on side and remove.
- Top with maple syrup and diced apples or powdered sugar.
I like to chop up an additional apple and simply microwave for 1 minute to create a softened sweet apple to put on top of my apple pancakes. If you like a chunky texture, you can add the apples directly to the batter. What you put on top of the pancakes makes a huge difference in the calorie count. I prefer to skip the butter and use just a small drizzle of pure maple syrup or a quality sugar free syrup.