Everyone loves a delicious pancake breakfast, and our favorite super easy Gluten Free Skinny Apple Pancakes recipe is one you will love! It's semi-homemade using our favorite Gluten Free Bisquick mix but tweaked just a bit to create a delicious apple flavor that is also lower in fat and calories. This is a great treat for your weekend breakfasts!
Gluten Free Skinny Apple Pancakes
I love using something like a purchased mix and adapting to meet our needs. Thankfully, there are tons of great gluten-free mixes out there that fit into our diet needs without costing too much. Bisquick makes a great Gluten-Free mix that is ideal for these pancakes
I adjusted the instructions on the box to fit our needs by making them lower in fat, and full of flavor. You can also add a bit of a diced apple topping to the mix, but you could serve without if you prefer.
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Bisquick
- ½ Cup Fat-Free Milk
- ¼ Cup Egg Substitute
- ½ Cup Applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda or sugar substitute of preference
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Heat griddle or skillet over high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of batter onto griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn when top is bubbling and bottom is beginning to brown.
- Cook additional 3 minutes on side and remove.
- Top with maple syrup and diced apples or powdered sugar.
I like to chop up an additional apple and simply microwave for 1 minute to create a softened sweet apple to put on top of my apple pancakes. If you like a chunky texture, you can add the apples directly to the batter. What you put on top of the pancakes makes a huge difference in the calorie count. I prefer to skip the butter and use just a small drizzle of pure maple syrup or a quality sugar free syrup.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.