I love this Gluten Free Vegetarian Southwestern Penne dish! It is so easy to prepare in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. It is great served warm or chilled which means leftovers! It will be a breeze the next day for lunch! This dish is gluten free but of course you can substitute with regular pasta too! I love how light and healthy this Vegetarian dish is.
I love the texture of the Ronzoni Gluten Free Pasta. It is something that my entire family can enjoy. It is a multigrain blend of white rice, brown rice, corn and quinoa. It has a delicious taste and texture and is very affordable! It is NOT mushy which is a huge accomplishment for Gluten Free pasta. My husband actually loved the texture and made a comment about it.
I love that Ronzoni Gluten Free Pasta is made in a dedicated gluten free facility – that gives me the peace of mind that I need to enjoy it with no concerns of cross contamination. The multigrain blend is low fat, sodium free and cholesterol free too!
This Southwestern Penne recipe is so fresh and delicious. We enjoyed it served both warm and chilled. My husband said this would be a great summer dish and I agree. I can’t wait to make it again with fresh peppers from my garden. I did substitute the tarragon for the coriander because I couldn’t find it in stock my store.
If you are looking for a Vegetarian dish that is also Gluten Free Southwestern Penne is for you!
Southwestern Penne is fresh and light dish is gluten free, vegetarian and delicious!
- 1 package Ronzoni Gluten Free Penne or other shape
- 1 can 14 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1 whole red and orange pepper diced
- 3 stalks green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. each finely grated lime zest ground cumin and chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 whole avocado diced (optional)
- Cook Ronzoni Gluten Free Penne according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain.
- Toss penne with black beans, corn, red and orange pepper, green onions and coriander.
- Whisk canola oil with lime juice, honey, garlic, lime zest, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper until combined. Toss with the penne mixture.
- Stir in the avocado (if using) just before serving.
- May be served warm or chilled. To serve chilled refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post however all opinions are 100% my own.