Gluten Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad is so delicious. This dessert is perfect to make and take to parties, picnics or for holidays. My family loves this sweet and salty strawberry dessert and during the summertime they request it all the time. Trust me once you give it a try you will fall in love with it too!
Instead of using cool whip as the original recipe calls for I use Homemade Whipped Cream but either one will do! For the pretzel crust I use Glutino Pretzel Twists which are amazing. Be sure to try this recipe because you will not be disappointed!
To prepare simply preheat your oven to 400°F. Next stir together the crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar. Mix it well and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Next bake for only 8-10 minutes, until set and set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust, be sure to spread cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges to seal it off from the jello mixture.
Next you dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Once dissolved add ice cold water and stir. Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When the mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Finally comes the hard part, refrigerate until set, which is about 6 hours.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! This is a great tip for this recipe.
Gluten Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad
The perfect Gluten Free dessert to take to parties or picnics!
- 2 cups crushed Glutino pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8 ounce carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used Homemade Whipped Cream)
- 2 3 ounce packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar; mix well and press mixture into bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust, be sure to spread cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges to seal it off from the jello mixture.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Once dissolved add ice cold water and stir.
- Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.
- When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about 6 hours.
Gluten Free Desserts:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.