This post may contain affiliate links.
Corned Beef and Cabbage is one of my favorite dishes for St. Patrick’s Day! I love that it can be made naturally Gluten Free too! It is a recipe my family loves and I don’t why but we only tend it eat it once a year. This delicious homemade corned beef and cabbage dinner is so flavorful and one of my favorite dishes for St. Patrick’s Day!
Gluten-Free Corned Beef and Cabbage
Delicious homemade corned beef and cabbage dinner is one of my favorite dishes for St. Patrick's Day! It is naturally gluten free too!
- 1 3-pound corned beef brisket
- 3 11-12 ounce bottles gluten-free beer
- 10-12 cups cold water to cover
- 1 onion quartered
- 8 carrots cut in quarters
- 4 stalks celery cut in quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 large head green cabbage about 2 pounds, cut into 8 thick wedges
- 6 small new potatoes about 2 pounds, skin left on, halved
- Fresh horseradish optional
- Place corned beef in a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Add gluten-free beer, water, onion, carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, allspice and cloves. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and skim off any scum that rises to the surface. Reduce heat to barely a simmer and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove corned beef from liquid and cover with parchment or foil to keep moist and warm.
- Add cabbage and potatoes to the cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cabbage and potatoes to a large platter. Slice the corned beef across the grain of the meat into thin slices. Ladle some of the hot cooking liquid over the corned beef. Serve immediately with fresh horseradish, if desired.
Be sure to check with your butcher that your meat is gluten free.
Check out this other St. Patrick’s Day posts: