This yummy Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole is a great family dinner meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This tasty recipe has been a family favorite dinner so far out of all the freezer meals. I served the delicious Tuna Casserole as a complete dinner and for dessert we had ice cream.
Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe is so good and it’s an easy freeze oven ready supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1-2 cans tuna drained or 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey breast
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 3-4 mini Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 10.5 oz can mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Label a 9x13 freezer container with date, name and cooking instructions.
- Lightly spray the 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray;Set aside.
- Start your pasta water cooking; While the water is heating, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions and mushrooms and saute until the onions are translucent.
- After the onions/mushrooms are done, add your pasta to the water and cook until al dente (7 minutes or so).
- Add the mushroom soup, cream cheese, sour cream, milk and garlic powder to the frying pan and heat until it’s hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to your tastes once it’s all warmed up.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan and stir to mix; Making sure your pasta gets covered well.
- Once you’ve mixed the pasta well, add the tuna (make sure it is well drained) to your pan and mix it all up again.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Add the shredded cheese on top.
- Place lid on top and place in freezer until ready to cook.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take lid off and bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add french fried onions and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
More Posts You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.