This yummy Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole is a great family dinner even the kids will love! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family's dinners. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe is so good and it's an easy freeze oven ready dinner that everyone will love. My whole family loved this meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
- 1-2 cans tuna drained or 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey breast
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large white onion diced
- 3-4 mini Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 10.5 oz can mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Label a 9x13 freezer container with date, name and cooking instructions.
- Lightly spray the 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray;Set aside.
- Start your pasta water cooking; While the water is heating, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions and mushrooms and saute until the onions are translucent.
- After the onions/mushrooms are done, add your pasta to the water and cook until al dente (7 minutes or so).
- Add the mushroom soup, cream cheese, sour cream, milk and garlic powder to the frying pan and heat until it’s hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to your tastes once it’s all warmed up.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan and stir to mix; Making sure your pasta gets covered well.
- Once you’ve mixed the pasta well, add the tuna (make sure it is well drained) to your pan and mix it all up again.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Add the shredded cheese on top.
- Place lid on top and place in freezer until ready to cook.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take lid off and bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add french fried onions and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
More Posts You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.