This post may contain affiliate links.
We love this Halloween Craft for easy to make Cheesecloth Ghosts. This is a fun Halloween Craft for adults or older children. It can become a fun centerpiece or hanging decorations around your house. The perfect craft or project for a Halloween Party too! I would not advise you to hang them outdoors though, if they get wet or even damp they will fall apart. You may ask me how I know that 😉
I like that it is not a scary Halloween craft but a fun craft idea instead. You can pick up the supplies at your local dollar store It is affordable to make and fun too. Be sure to wear old clothes when you make it! I hope you enjoy this easy Cheesecloth Ghosts craft much as we do! It is the perfect way to celebrate fall and Halloween with little out of pocket costs. Enjoy this easy decorating idea as they look cute hanging from the ceiling or in windows. I always say you don’t have to spend a lot to come up with ways to entertain kids during the holiday season.
How to make Cheesecloth Ghosts:
- Cheesecloth (can be purchased at Lowe’s, Dollar Store or the grocery store)
- aluminum foil
- warm water
- quart jars (or empty spaghetti sauce jars)
- mixing bowls
- squiggly eyes
- hot glue gun
- black ribbon
- Cut cheesecloth large enough to drape over a quart jar or an empty spaghetti sauce jar. It is suggested to use 2-4 layers per ghost for best results.
- Place heavy-duty foil over a quart jar to make a ghost form.
- Mix 2 cups warm water and 1 cup granulated sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Not boiling water but not luke warm either.
- Soak the cut cheese cloth pieces in the sugar mixture.
- Squeeze excess sugar – water out of the cloth.
- Drape the cheesecloth over the ghost form, and keep layering until you use all the pieces
- Dry the “ghost” for 24 hours or until it’s completely dry. Remove from the form.
- Add squiggly eyes and a ribbon to hang with a hot glue gun. You are welcome to add a mouth (if you desire).
15 HALLOWEEN RECIPES