Halloween Rice Krispies are so adorable to make for your family, school treats or a Halloween party. They are super easy to make and your kids will have a blast helping you in the kitchen. I started this dessert treat by mixing up a basic recipe for Rice Krispies. Next I added some sprinkles to the mix and stirred well. Then I spread the mixture out on a 13X9 baking sheet and let it harden. Once the Rice Krispies were set I got busy using my Good Cook Cookie Cutters and making Halloween figures.
I was able to have a Ghost, Bat, Pumpkin and Frankenstein. I used icing and candy eyes to decorate them. They turned out so cute and my boys loved them! They had so much fun making them and then enjoyed eating them right away. It was a great fun afternoon in the kitchen making memories!
We hope you enjoy these cute Halloween Rice Krispies Treats as much as we do. They are perfect for a Halloween party, play date or bake sale. Best of all once you invest in the cookie cutters you can make cookies too!
- 1 pkg marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 3 Tbsp butter
- icing for decorating optional
- candy optional
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Once melted add marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
- Place cereal into a large bowl and add marshmallow mixture.
- Using a greased spatula stir well and add in sprinkles.
- Once mixed together spread out into a greased 13X9 baking sheet.
- Smooth out using the spatula.
- Let the mixture set (harden) about 20 minutes.
- Using cookie cutters cut out desired shapes.
- Place on wax paper or plate and decorate.
- Serve and enjoy!
- ((Best served that day))
Halloween Recipes and Ideas
Disclosure: These cute cookie cutters were provided for our Stockpiling Moms Conference 2014 Swag Bags this year and given to every attendee. This is not a sponsored post, we just loved the cookie cutters and decided to make an alternative to cookies with them. All opinions are 100% our own.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.