If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful healthy slow cooker meal then Healthy Chicken Supper is for you. Best of all it is an easy freezer meal. Simply prep and freeze and when you are ready to prepare thaw in your refrigerator overnight. You simply dump into in the crock pot for the day and go. When you come home you will have a delicious dinner that is ready for your family.
I love that this is a complete meal that you can cook in your slow cooker. You can easily substitute sweet potatoes for the butternut squash or do a mix of both. Best of all you can switch this up to any vegetables that you choose or have on hand. This is a Whole30 compliant recipe that is also Paleo and naturally gluten free. A light and healthy choice the whole family will enjoy.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. ou can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken. I like to use chicken thighs for moist and tender chicken.
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Chicken Supper that you can prepare in the slow cooker and make as a freezer meal as much as we did. It is a complete dinner that makes menu planning easy.
Healthy Chicken Supper
- 4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts or Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice I like Santa Cruz Organic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh butternut squash cubed
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- salt/pepper - optional
- 2 fresh garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 2 TBSP Dried Italian Seasoning or McCormick Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except chicken broth
- When ready to prepare thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done.