I have never met a potato I didn't like and this recipe didn't let me down! Herb Parmesan Potatoes are an amazing addition to any meal. This recipe is very easy to make but it helps when you are able to watch your potatoes through the cooking process. I start them first and make the rest of the meal as they are cooking. There is nothing like multi-tasking!
Herb Parmesan Potatoes were a hit with the kids! I couldn't get Chase to slow down. He was eating them before we sat down at the table. This was a late work night for my husband and lets just say he didn't get any! I made a promise to make them again soon. I can't say I mind because they are absolutely delicious!
They really are easy to make and if you have older children they can certainly help! You just start by cutting your potatoes of choice. A lot of times it is whatever potato I have on hand. This recipe would be great with Yukon Golds, red potatoes, and this particular time I used Idaho. Next, you melt your butter in a sauce pan. Once the butter is melted you can add the chicken broth, oregano, garlic powder, basil, and rosemary. As I said earlier, it is better to be able to keep an eye on them through the cooking process.
This recipe can be perfectly paired with steak, chicken, and pork. This evening we enjoyed the side dish with Ribeye Steaks. Better than a restaurant!
Herb Parmesan Potatoes
- 2-3 lbs Potatoes (any kind you want) I used 4 Idaho potatoes in this recipe. Use your best judgement on the amount of potatoes you will actually eat while slicing.
- 6 tbs salted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- dried parsley
- 1 bag shredded parmesan
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Slice Potatoes. You can decide on the thickness. Just remember to allow longer cooking times for thick sliced potatoes.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- When the butter is melted add the chicken broth, dried oregano, garlic powder, dried basil, and dried rosemary.
- Let it come to a small boil and remove from heat.
- Dip each potato in the butter, broth, and herb mixture.
- Place each potato on a parchment lined baking sheet in rows.
- I lightly dripped extra mixture over each potato slice before placing in the oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes and flip. Once you flip add more mixture to the top of the potatoes.
- Place back in the oven an additional 10-15 minutes. Every oven is different and every time you slice the potatoes they can be different. Therefore, cooking times will need to be adjusted.
- Cook until tender with a little bit of crisp on the outside. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle as much parmesan cheese on the top as you want and place back in the oven until melted.
- Sprinkle Parsley on top when they come out of the oven.
Stockpiling Moms Top Potato Recipes
Loaded Smashed Red Skinned Potatoes – This is one of my family’s favorites! Every time we have a cookout people ask for them!
Funeral Potatoes – This is an amazing side dish and easy to prepare. I am from a rural area and after funerals my church prepares a meal. These can be found at almost any church meal.
Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup - Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it slow cook all day. This is the perfect fall comfort meal!
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole – This is a Viral recipe with over 1.2 Million shares! Everyone will love it!
Crockpot Bacon and Cheese Potatoes - Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are simply amazing! This is my family’s favorite recipe! It is great for large crowds and holidays.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans - If you are looking for a complete chicken dinner that you can cook in your slow cooker, this is it!
Classic Potato Salad - Classic Potato Salad is one of my favorite foods to eat and it is naturally gluten free too. It is a favorite recipe to make for family gatherings, picnics and potlucks.
Hobo Foil Packet Dinner - This is the perfect easy dinner recipe for camping or staying in a cabin.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.