Homemade Chocolate Caramel Turtles are one of my favorite indulgences! I also like that in this recipe it uses pretzels and no pecans, because I do not like pecans or walnuts.
So for those who love chocolate, caramel and pretzels you will definitely love these turtles! This is a great candy to make for Christmas.
When ever I make these Homemade Chocolate Caramel Turtles I usually make two batches and take one batch and freeze it for a later time. You can keep these in the freezers for 3 months. Just let them thaw to room temperature and enjoy!
This scrumptious Homemade Chocolate Caramel Turtles recipe is perfect for gift giving. If you can bear to give them away that is.
- 30-40 round whole pretzel pieces
- 25 caramel squares unwrapped (about 1 heaping cup)
- ¼ cup cream or half-and-half divided
- about 16 ounces roughly chopped chocolate melted
- sea salt optional for sprinkling
- Line two baking sheets or large platters with parchment paper.
- Make small piles of pretzels.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the caramels, half of the cream (reserve the remainder), and heat on high power to melt (It will probably take about 3 to 4 minutes total, but you must stop and stir the mixture every 30 seconds so you don't burn it).
- If the mixture seems thick and needs more cream, add the remaining amount.
- Add about 1 tablespoon caramel to the top of each pretzel; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add 8 ounces chocolate and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power; Heat in 15-second increments until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Add about 2 tablespoons chocolate to the top of each pretzel cluster by dolloping it on top and letting it fall down the sides.
- Optionally add a pinch of sea salt to each Turtle.
- Allow Turtles to firm up at room temp (will take many hours) or in the fridge or freezer (about 15 minutes) before serving.
- Turtles will keep airtight at room temperature for weeks, or in the fridge or freezer for many months.
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.