These Homemade Corndogs are simply delicious! Using this recipe it is easy on my wallet because by making my own homemade version I save money. You can also easily make these corndogs gluten free too!
Melissa sent me this recipe and I just had to make them for my boys who love corndogs. My boys have always thought it was a treat when I would get corn dogs at the store because they can be a bit pricey. Using this recipe it is easy on my wallet.
I made the corndogs bite-size but you can make them whole and put on a stick if you want too. Homemade Corn dogs make a great after school snack or lunch! Check out this post on how to heat a thermos to keep them warm!
Tip - These corndogs can also easily be made to be gluten free if you use gluten free corn meal and Gluten Free Bisquick Mix. If making gluten free be sure to use a gluten free hot dog brand like Hebrew National. I like that you can control the ingredients used! By using this recipe it is a much healthier and an inexpensive choice.You can't go wrong with these delicious homemade Corn dogs.
- 1 Cup Corn Meal
- 1 - 1 ½ Cups Bisquick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 package Hot Dogs
- Heat oil for frying to 350 degrees.
- I used my pot on the stove, but you can use any frying method you choose.
- Mix corn meal, Bisquick and sugar in bowl.
- Whisk in eggs and milk.
- Stir until you have the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Add more Bisquick if you need too.
- Cut hot dogs into bite-sized pieces or place on sticks.
- Roll the hot dogs in the batter until they are covered.
- Quickly drop them in the oil and fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- You may need to flip them once.
- Remove and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Kid Friendly Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.