Homemade Nutella is simple to make and costs less than buying it at the store! I couldn't believe how amazing this recipe turned out. The taste is super delicious and very scrumptious. My boys love for me to make cookies with it and put it on their toast. When making this recipe the aroma from toasting the nuts will fill your house and make it smell wonderful! There is no reason to buy store bought when you can make your own Homemade Nutella.
There is no reason to buy store bought when you can make your own Homemade Nutella
- 2 cups 8 ounces blanched hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until dark brown about, 12 to 15 minutes (Watch them because they can burn easily).
- Transfer the hazelnuts to food processor or blender.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until their oil is released and they form a smooth, loose paste, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl often.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut or coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt and process until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed; takes about 3-5 minutes.
- The mixture will start to resemble the consistency of peanut butter.
- Transfer the spread to a jar or container with an airtight lid.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Makes 12 oz
Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.