This Homemade Nutella is simple to make and costs less than buying it at the store! I couldn't believe how amazing this easy recipe turned out.
The taste of this homemade version is really yummy. My boys love for me to make cookies with nutella and put it on their toast. When making this recipe the aroma from toasting the nuts will fill your house and make it smell wonderful!
There is no reason to buy store bought when you can make your own Homemade Nutella. Trust me and give this easy recipe a try. It is one of my favorite make at home recipes to try.
- 2 cups 8 ounces blanched hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until dark brown about, 12 to 15 minutes (Watch them because they can burn easily).
- Transfer the hazelnuts to food processor or blender.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until their oil is released and they form a smooth, loose paste, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl often.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut or coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt and process until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed; takes about 3-5 minutes.
- The mixture will start to resemble the consistency of peanut butter.
- Transfer the spread to a jar or container with an airtight lid.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Makes 12 oz
Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.