Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream is the BEST! I used to think you could only get this yummy ice-cream around Christmas time but now that I can make it myself I can indulge whenever I want too. My family is pretty excited about that too. So since we like to celebrate Christmas in July I thought I would share this fabulous dessert recipe.
I hope you try it soon because there are only three ingredients needed! Best of all it is dairy free and guilt free! If you are carb cycling this is a great recipe for you.
Making this yummy Ice Cream is just one use for Peppermint Oil. It is one of my husbands favorite oils for headache relief. In fact check out this article with 33 Uses for Peppermint Oil.
Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream
- 3 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 8 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Slice 3 bananas and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Place frozen bananas in food processor and process for at least 5 minutes.
- You may have to stop and push sides down several times.
- Keep processing until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add honey and oil.
- Process for another 3 minutes or until mixture is combined thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or place in an air tight container and place in freezer until ready to use.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.