Have you ever wanted to know how to make Homemade Pesto? I did because I love cooking with it! It is actually easy to prepare and when you make it yourself you know what is it! I used my own fresh basil leaves that I grew in my herb garden. I added fresh garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and few other ingredients and had the most amazing fresh homemade pesto.
This recipe is also gluten free. After you prepare store in an airtight container and place it in your refrigerator for several weeks. I have several of my favorite pesto recipes linked after the recipe too!
How to make Homemade Pesto
How to make Homemade Pesto - A great money saving tip!
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T lemon juice
- Combine in food processor and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.