This post may contain affiliate links.
These Homemade 3-ingredient Shower Bombs make awesome teacher gifts! They are also great stocking stuffers and perfect for anyone on your gift giving list. My friend Teri made these for Christmas gifts and shared the idea with me. I am excited to make a batch myself. With the cold season right now this is the perfect time to make up a batch! Best of all they are so affordable and easy to make. You could package them in a clear glass jar or even a cellophane bag and tie with raffia.
Homemade Shower Bombs:
- Combine one cup baking soda with 1/4 c water to form a very dry paste (if it feels wet to the touch, you probably need more baking soda).
- Add in 3-4 drops (total) essential oils and mix throughout. I did peppermint for an energizing bomb and lavender for soothing ones, but you can use any essential oil that you desire. You can also blend them.
- Once well mixed, spoon the paste into silicone molds (I used ice cube molds and they worked great), pressing down firmly with each new scoop.
- Allow to dry 1-2 days before gently unmolding (they will be fragile and a bit crumbly).
- Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe makes 6-8 depending on the size of your mold.
Be sure to include the instructions on how to use:
- To use, place one bomb on the floor in the corner of your shower. The steam/heat will slowly release the oils.
If you are looking for affordable high quality organic and wild crafted essential oils you can shop through this link. (disclosure – this is an affiliate link).
We hope you enjoy this simple DIY for Homemade Shower Bombs.
Other Ideas for Gift Giving: