These Hot Chocolate Cupcakes are super cute and taste wonderfully delicious! They are the perfect dessert for all this cold, freezing weather we have been having here in Kentucky. The boys have been off school due to snow and below zero temps so I decided to make them some Hot Chocolate Cupcakes that I served with Hot Chocolate - Easy as 1-2-3!
The boys and I loved these scrumptious cupcakes. The icing really does taste like a marshmallow! If you love hot cocoa then be sure to try these cupcakes!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes:
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- ½ box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix about 1 ⅔ cups
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 miniature pretzel twists broken in half
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme.
- Spoon into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag.
- Cut ⅜-inch tip off 1 corner of bag.
- Pipe 3 small dollops of frosting mixture on top of each cupcake to look like melted marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
- Press pretzel half into side of each cupcake for cup handle.
- Store loosely covered.
Be sure to try these other delicious dessert recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.