We love to make fresh snow cream in the winter. The key to the success of snow cream is using fresh snow. We also like to use flavored milk to change the flavor. You can use strawberry or chocolate milk and make flavored snow cream. I put a big bowl out on our deck and let the snow fall right into it. Hands down this is one of the best memories that I have as a child is making and eating snow cream with my Mom and now I can pass the same tradition onto my son.
- 1 gallon fresh snow
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- sprinkles optional
- When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the clean and fresh snow flakes.
- When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency.
- Serve at once.
- You can use Strawberry or Chocolate Milk to make it flavored!
- optional - add sprinkles!
Some of our favorite recipes for the kids:
More Snow Day Posts: