Start Cooking with Your Kids and create amazing memories while teaching your kids some skills in the kitchen. This summer I decided I was going to teach my boys to cook. Learning to cook is important because there are so many adults that don’t know how to boil an egg! I want the kids to be able to take care of themselves and learning how to cook is an awesome skill to have. Not only is it important to learn to cook but it also teaches them to follow directions.
How To Start Cooking with your Kids:
This all started over a joke about my kids doing things for themselves. Jokingly I said to my husband, “If we went out of town for a month Chase would be hungry with no clean clothes and Caleb would be fed and everything clean!” Teaching kids life skills are so important so I started cooking with them more. Caleb jumped right on board but it took a lot of pushing for Chase. Once he started grilling for me it became rewarding for him. He heard all the praises of how good things tasted and it made him proud!
Recipes that are perfect when you Start Cooking With Your Kids:
- Fruit Nutella Waffle – Say goodbye to the boring waffle! This is one of our favorite breakfast recipes and everyone likes to create their own! We own the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker from amazon!
- Loaded Smashed Red Skin Potatoes – My family loves potatoes and I think I have made them in every way possible. My Youngest LOVES this recipe and has learned to make them himself! We have made this all easier by using Potato Express Microwave Potato Bag. This bag is a game changer!
- Dirt Dessert – This dessert will always bring smiles to everyone’s face! We love making it, looking at it, and eating it! The kids love making this one!
- Frankenstein Pudding Cups – With Halloween coming your kids will love making these and since they are so easy they are perfect for your child’s Halloween Party! The best part is they can go to school and say they made them!
- Chocolate Cookie Bites – My kids love to make cookies. Who doesn’t like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie!
- Easy Grilled Hamburgers Recipe – I taught my oldest son to grill this summer and he is really good at it! I can be inside cooking all the sides and he finishes the main course for me!
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – I have learned my kids love seeing and tasting the finished product. They get so excited when these come out of the oven!
- 15 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 90 minutes – This plan will allow you to have dinner planned for almost three weeks and the kids can help. Every time you pull one out they will remember they helped make dinner!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.