My garden is still swimming in green peppers! I decided think shake up my traditional stuffed green peppers and create an Italian Stuffed Green Pepper version. My husband LOVED them! The flavor combination was amazing! It is nice low carb recipe too!
This is a great recipe to freezer cook. I like to prepare them but not bake them and freeze them. I normally make a double batch and we eat them for dinner and I freeze a batch. A great money saving tip is that you can freeze cottage cheese too! Be sure to check it out.
Be sure to give this tasty recipe a try! You will be happy you did!
Italian Stuffed Green Peppers
I decided think shake up my traditional stuffed green peppers and create an Italian Stuffed Green Pepper version.
- 1/4 pound ground beef or ground pork
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 cup spaghetti or tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 12 whole green peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional - 1 cup of cooked rice
- Brown ground beef and saute onions.
- Drain grease (I also rinse under warm water).
- While ground beef is cooking (or before) prepare and clean 2 green peppers. Remove tops and seeds.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add peppers. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Return beef back to skillet and add tomato sauce and ricotta cheese (optional add cooked rice)
- Stir and pour into green peppers.
- I placed into a muffin stone to bake (to help stand up).
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese on top of peppers and allow to melt.
More Recipes To Enjoy: