This post may contain affiliate links.
Keto Bacon Egg Cups are the perfect low carb recipe to make for breakfast or brunch. You can prepare these Keto Bacon Egg Cups ahead of time and then heat them up when company is getting ready to arrive or pull them fresh out of the oven. It is even better to make them ahead for those busy work mornings!
I personally like to batch cook them on Sunday. I double the recipe and prepare and bake and then place into the refrigerator. Each morning I simply microwave them for 30-45 seconds and enjoy! It makes for an easy breakfast on the go and is a great way to menu plan and prep ahead. Also great with managing portions.
This is a delicious breakfast that is full of taste and easy to make. It is Gluten Free (just be sure your Bacon is nitrate free and gluten free) and it is also Paleo (when you eliminate the cheese). Depending on if you eat dairy or not, it is your choice to add it or not. You can eliminate the cheese and add spinach or do a combo of both. I hope you enjoy Keto Bacon Egg Cups as much as I do. This recipe is included in our popular Beginner Keto Meal Plan.
Bacon Egg Cups
These are perfect for a brunch!
- 12 slices bacon sugar free
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese with a fork.
- Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins.
- Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup.
- Fill each bacon lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don’t jiggle.
- Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins.
- Serve immediately.
If you are preparing them ahead of time to freeze later. Bake and let cool for 10 minutes. Then wrap each one in saran wrap then place in freezer ziploc bag. Place in freezer. When ready to prepare. Thaw in fridge overnight and microwave for up to 1 minute prior to serving.
Be sure to check out these other Breakfast recipes: