An all time favorite recipe at my house is this homemade sloppy Joe recipe. In fact my family requests this recipe once a week. It is delicious. Once I started eating low carb and following the Keto Diet, I decided it was time to adapt my recipe to the Keto way of eating. I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as I did. I love eating it on a bed of lettuce and topping it with shredded cheddar. I never missed the bun and didn’t need a side dish!
This meal is quick and easy and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. I need quick and easy dinner recipes for our meals when soccer season is in full swing because we have several practices and games throughout the week. So if you are busy and and need a quick and simple meal then this is the meal for you!
Here’s a menu planning tip –> I like to brown ground beef when I purchase it on managers specials at the store and freeze it so it saves time when preparing my meals. For this meal you can brown your beef with onion and green pepper. Simply pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight and when ready to use just put it in the skillet and heat it up by following the rest of the recipe! This can be a huge time saver on busy nights!
This is a delicious Easy Keto Diet Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! If you are new to the Keto Diet check out this Keto Diet Beginner Shopping List.
Keto Diet Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup low sugar or sugar free ketchup I use Walden which has zero carbs
- 3 teaspoons swerve sugar replacement
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and top with shredded cheddar.
- Optional: Serve with green onion.