This Keto Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe is my go to recipe when making a pot roast for my family. It is a recipe that is embedded in my memory and I do not have to look anything up and most of the time I have all the ingredients on hand. Some people always ask why I place butter on top of my meats when I cook them. Well adding butter helps tenderize the meat and give it good flavor. It is just my personal preference so if you want to skip on the butter you certainly can. It is a great way to add healthy fat too if you are eating a high fat low carb diet.
I have been making this recipe a long time, even before I met my husband. I love how easy it is to make and that it makes a complete crockpot dinner for my family. I like to serve Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with the Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe which makes me happy, because sometimes I throw potatoes in the pot roast for my family, but I do not eat them when I am eating Keto.
Be sure to try this slow cooker recipe soon, you will not be disappointed! This recipe is included in our popular Beginner Keto Meal Plan. Keto Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe is so easy and the low carb leftovers are perfect to take to work the next day!
If you are new to eating Keto, check out this - Keto Diet Beginner Shopping List.
- 3-5 pound chuck roast
- 1 cup baby carrots you may want to omit if Keto
- 2 celery stalks cut in pieces
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 Tbsp butter cut in slices
- You can also add rutabaga kohlrabi, parsnip, mushrooms, bok choy, radish, or other low carb veggie that you prefer.
- Place vegetables (carrots, celery and onion) in bottom of the crockpot.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Place butter slices on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast and veggies from slow cooker onto a platter.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Simply dump all your ingredients into a freezer bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
MORE KETO DIET TIPS:
Be sure to check out these Keto Recipes:
Be sure to check out all of our Keto Diet Recipes too!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.