We recently had an amazing vacation at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. This campground and resort in Santa Claus Indiana is a hidden treasure. Lake Rudolph features over 500 sites including hundreds of vacation rentals, full-hookup RV sites and tent sites nestled in a wooded setting with family fun amenities. Lake Rudolph is owned and operated by Sun Communities/Sun RV Resorts. I never thought we would have such a great time. Not only was the resort area appealing to the kids but also the adults. We were very impressed with how clean the grounds are kept and how beautiful the property really is. The staff are top notch and provide a friendly, fun, and safe environment for every family. This is quite an impressive vacation spot and best of all it is conveniently located next to Holiday World & Splashin Safari.
- Named a ‘Best Family Campground’ by TravelChannel.com. • Named a Top Destination RV Park in 2015 & 2016 by Good Sam RV Travel
- Voted one of the top ten favorite parks in North America in 2011 by Woodall's readers • Two-time National RV Park of the Year (ARVC…2004-2005 & 2008-2009 ) *ARVC-National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Santa's SplashDown WaterPark (has a daily fee and a reduced next day visit)
- Dasher Splasher splash pad (free)
- Blitzen Bay pool and Baby Blitzen kiddie pool (free)
- mini golf, fishing lake, playgrounds, horseshoe pits, and basketball courts (free)
- gem mining sluice (additional fee)
- paddleboats & kayaks (additional fee)
- camp store, outdoor pavilion, and air-conditioned bathhouses
- game room
- planned activities (Some have small fees and some are free)
- rental golf cars (additional fee)
- free WiFi
- Blitzen Kitchen soft serve ice cream, shakes & pizza (including free pizza delivery to sites)
- discount tickets to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and free Holiday World shuttle
We were very happy about all the free activities! We took full advantage of the pool, playground, and free mini golf!
What’s Different about Lake Rudolph?
Guests can enjoy the RV Experience without owning their own RV! Lake Rudolph’s multiple family vacation rental options include 275 Cabins, Cottages & Rental RVs. The resort also offers 187 full-hookup RV sites (majority have paved pad & patio) and 40 tent sites with water & electric.
My family and I stayed in the Rudolph Christmas Cabins. The kids had a ball and enjoyed the loft sleeping. We cooked all our own meals at the cabin and we made use of the Camp Store for the things we left behind. Take the video tour at Rudolph Christmas Cabins.
What Is Included
- Cabin site includes large attached covered deck, picnic table, stand up charcoal grill, fire ring with attached grill grate, gas grill
- Number of Bedrooms: 1 - includes a King-size bed, clock radio and flat screen TV
- Lofts include 1 Queen-size mattress, 4 twin-size mattresses and a flat screen TV
- Pillows, pillowcases and fitted sheets are provided
- The bathroom includes a shower/kids tub, sink, and toilet
- Each unit includes air conditioning and heat
- Family room includes an electric fireplace, sofa and flat screen TV
- Full size refrigerator/freezer
- Microwave Oven
- Coffee Maker
- Utensils, plates, cups, glasses, pots and pans
- Dishwashing liquid and broom
- Free Wifi
What To Bring
- Towels for the Bathroom & Kitchen
- Bath Mat
- Dish Towels
- Tin Foil
- Roasting Sticks
- Paper Plates
- A top sheet or blanket if you prefer. Pillows, pillowcases and fitted sheets are provided.
- DVDs to play in the DVD player
- Coffee Filters
- Lawn Chairs
- Trash Bags
We will be visiting the Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort again in the future. I believe the 2 nights and 3 days was too short for the boys. They were not happy about leaving and I have to say we weren't either. It was a very relaxing and fun mini vacation! If you are looking for a long weekend or even longer vacation idea this is a great choice.
May be made a year in advance by calling toll-free, 1-877-478-3657 or 812-937-4458. More information and online reservations can be found on their website at www.LakeRudolph.com. Tell them Stockpilingmoms.com sent you!
Please check out the following articles for more places to visit in Santa Claus, Indiana.
Disclosure: Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort provided our accommodations for our review. All opinions are 100% our own.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.