Y'all I love these Lemon Butter Garlic Scallops. They are an easy weeknight dinner or nice for a special occasion. I like to prepare them with fresh sea scallops but you can use frozen if you desire.
Trust me when I saw this is an EASY recipe. It is such a flavorful recipe. I love to enjoy scallops when they are fresh and so when Fulton Fish reached out to us I knew immediately that scallops was going to be what I wanted to try. I am so glad I did.
If you enjoy fresh seafood you have to check out this brand. I actually purchased a gift for my Brother-In-Loves for Christmas (lobster tails and scallops) and they loved the quality of their seafood too! But onto the recipe.
Take your fresh (or previously frozen scallops) and dry well with a paper towel. This part is really important. Next prepare your sauce ingredients. The fresh lemon juice and zest is the key but if you only have a canned version and spice that is ok too!
Sear your scallops for 3 minutes on each side in the skillet after you heat the butter. This is the key to having a really tasty final product. You want it to have a nice golden brown color on each side.
Remove from the skillet and then make your lemon garlic sauce. Finally, return your scallops back and re-heat. Serve with rice (we love Jasmine or Basmati (or cauliflower if you are watching your carbs) and a nice veggie.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Lemon Butter Garlic Scallops recipe as much as we do. It is the perfect recipe for Lent.
Want to try Fulton Fish Market? Now is the time!
Stockpiling Moms Followers Only! Enjoy 15% OFF your first order of $150+ plus FREE 2 Day Delivery with code SPMOMS at FultonFishMarket.com! Valid through 3/31/2021.
Lemon Butter Garlic Scallops
- 1 ½ lb sea scallops
- 4 tbsp butter, I prefer Kerrygold (unsalted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp parsley
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Using fresh scallops or frozen scallops that have been thoroughly thawed complete pat dry with paper towels.
- Add three TBSP to a small skillet and bring to a medium-high temperature.
- Add scallops and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. They should turn a nice golden brown color on each side before turning.
- Remove from the skillet after seared.
- Add 1 additional TBSP of butter and then add garlic and cook until translucent. Approximately 2 minutes. Stir often.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and return scallops to pan.
- On low heat warm scallops in sauce for for 2 minutes and be sure to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post but FultonFishMarket.com did provide product for us to review. All opinions are 100% our own.