Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe is great for having a party or large gathering of people. I like to make this and split the amount between two dishes before putting in the oven. I then freeze one and when I am ready to make it I pull it out and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Works great for my family!
Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 whole green onions sliced
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.