I grew up eating muffins at least one morning a week for breakfast and as an adult they tend to be one of my go-to snacks or on the go breakfasts but hidden inside those luscious little packages are hidden calories, tons of sugar and all the unnecessary fat we are trying to avoid. This Low Fat Apple Spice Muffin recipe is chock full of flavor and of course weighs in at only 3 Weight Watchers Points per muffin they are easy to keep in your daily routine for breakfast alongside a nice piece of fruit and some fat free Greek Yogurt.
Serve these muffins with a spritz of margarine spray fresh from the oven for a warm and healthy breakfast or a great after dinner treat alongside your favorite blend of spiced tea or coffee. These muffins may also be made in larger batches and wrapped individually in plastic wrap, labeled and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months at a time for easy grab, reheat and go breakfasts on the run.
I love to freeze ingredients when cooking! It saves me time and money! Low Fat Apple Spice Muffins are moist and delicious and have only 3 Weight Watchers Points.
Low Fat Apple Spice Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Splenda Sugar Substitute
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Carton Nonfat Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 large Egg White
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Granny Smith Apples
- ½ Cup Chopped Black Walnuts
- In large bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl mix together yogurt, applesauce, egg white and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients until everything is just moistened.
- Lastly add in diced apples and nuts if desired.
- Pour ½ cup batter into pre-lined or pre-sprayed muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until risen, golden brown on top and cooked through.
- This batch of muffins makes 12 muffins that weigh in at only 3 points per muffin.