Are you excited March is National Frozen Food Month? Above all, I am excited to remind you of the many amazing articles we have written over the years. From freezing cream cheese to the huge amount of freezer meals, we have you covered. There are many reasons we freeze food. For instance, a huge reason is saving money. There have been so many times I have hit a great meat sale and took advantage of it. There is nothing like having meat on hand to just pull out of the freezer instead of going to the store. When I go to the store I end up buying a whole lot more than meat.
Reasons to freeze!
- When you freeze foods there is little change in nutrients.
- According to the USDA, it is safe to freeze meat in the original packaging. However, quality may diminish over time.
- Freezing can keep food safe almost indefinitely. Long term freezer storage just affects quality.
- You can freeze almost anything!
- According to the USDA, if food is thawed in the refrigerator it can be refrozen if it hasn't been cooked. The bad thing is it may lose quality. This one saves me because sometimes I change my mind or lay out too much!
What foods can you freeze?
Freezer Meals that are sure to please!
Over the years we have compiled quite a list of Freezer meals! It is so much easier to be prepared. Since March is National Frozen Food Month it is a perfect time to prepare some meals! We often take a weekend day to prepare for the upcoming week. I also try to save my freezer meals by only preparing them for nights we are really busy. If I have time to cook a healthy dinner, I do!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.