Mashed Red Skin Potatoes are a favorite side dish in my home. Red Skin Potatoes have been in abundance at my local farmer's market and I have been getting a lot of them lately. I love cooking with Red Skin Potatoes and this side dish meal is one of my favorites because it pairs well with most meats.
These amazing potatoes just need a little butter, sour cream and seasoning. So next time you are wanting a hearty side dish with lots of taste be sure to make this! Best of all no peeling your potatoes so it is a side dish recipe you can make quickly on busy nights.
Mashed Red Skin Potatoes are an amazing side dish with lots of taste and is very filling!
Mashed Red Skin Potatoes
- 8-10 whole medium size red skin potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Place potatoes in water and heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, keep water at a slow boil for 12 minutes.
- Drain water out and keep potatoes in pot.
- Add sour cream and butter to potatoes.
- Mash everything with a masher.
- Mash until you get the consistency you want.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other Side Dish recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.