Mashed Sweet Potatoes are one of the easiest side dishes you can make! Sweet potatoes are so good for you and can be paired as a side dish with about every meal. This recipe is also naturally gluten free! I love to serve these wonderfully delicious potatoes with Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin. My boys love sweet potatoes and sometimes ask to have these mashed sweet potatoes over regular mashed potatoes. Be sure to try them out!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 5 or 6 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Simmer in a large 3-4 quart pot of water and Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain water and return sweet potatoes to pan over still-warm burner (leave burner off or on very low heat).
- Add butter to bottom of pan and stir until melted.
- Using an electric mixer, mash the sweet potatoes with the butter, adding salt and pepper, to taste if desired.
- Add brown sugar to sweeten, stirring thoroughly.
Check out these other Side Dish recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.