Minestrone Soup recipe is a favorite of mine for cooler weather. I love the aroma of the soup cooking and how flavorful it is. My husband also enjoys the soup very much, he likes when I add in beef stew meat or ground beef. Which if you desire to add meat to the soup you can by cooking it before hand then after sauteing the vegetables you can add it in. Which I did when making the soup this time. But I personally think it tastes amazing either way.
I like to serve a loaf of hot french bread with the Minestrone Soup when I make it. I just pick a fresh loaf from my local bakery and warm it in the oven. Then I slice it and serve with the soup, I like to dip the bread pieces in my soup. Be sure to try this soup recipe soon, you will not be disappointed!
Minestrone Soup is a delicious, flavorful homemade recipe perfect for cooler weather!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion about 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery about 1/2 stalk
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic about 4 cloves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans 15 ounce, red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans 15 ounce, small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 can 14 ounce, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves, frozen corn and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Soup Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.