I love this Mixed Berry Green Smoothie. If you like berries you are going to love this green smoothie. I mentioned several weeks ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe followed by a cucumber mango green smoothie and a raspberry pear green smoothie – if loved those you are going to love this one too. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a certified therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better I hope you enjoy! One tip is to freeze berries when they are at a stockpile price. You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
UPDATE: You may enjoy this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
Mixed Berry Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sunrich Naturals SOL sunflower milk or almond milk
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 green apple I prefer an organic granny smith
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger root you can use powdered if necessary
- 1 cup of mixed berries frozen
- Blend liquid and greens well.
- Add apple and ginger and blend
- Add cucumber, celery, carrot and blend.
- Finally add mixed berries and blend.
- Add 4 drops of lemon essential oil or lemon rind.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Disclosure: We are NOT providing medical advice. Always consult your physician for medical treatment. The advice shared in this page has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help.