Mushroom Meatballs recipe is one of my favorite meals from my childhood. I love to make this meal because it takes me back to much simpler times in my life. I also love the taste of it and so does my family. Now this is not a quick easy recipe nor is it one of my infamous crockpot recipes. But it is a dinner meal that is made from love and worth every minute it takes to make it.
I start by making homemade meatballs and rolling them out onto a baking sheet. I cook them in the oven then drain the grease and place them in a casserole dish. This is when I add in the mushroom gravy and seasonings. Place foil over the casserole dish and back in the oven it goes. During this time I like to make Old Fashion Mashed Potatoes and green beans as side dishes with the Mushroom Meatballs.
Once the Mushroom Meatballs are done I plate everything and enjoy this comfort food with my family. As we sit around the dinner table eating together and talking about our day, I reminisce back to my childhood days around the dinner table enjoying the same meal. Be sure to try this tasty recipe, you will not be disappointed at all!
Mushroom Meatballs is a hearty dinner meal recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef or chuck
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 jars 10 oz, mushroom gravy
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a casserole dish and pour gravy over the meatballs.
- Cover with foil and place back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve right away.
More Main Dish Recipes You Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.