We love this Copycat Recipe Cheddar's Nachos. We call these Open Face Nachos. We enjoyed something similar at Cheddar's Restaurant so I decided to create my own appetizer recipe at home.
It is pretty close to their version and tasty. I like using the taco shells instead of tortilla chips plus I like to make my own Taco Seasoning too which I also use in this recipe. This is a really simple appetizer recipe that everyone will enjoy. If you don't have tortilla chips that is no problem because you can use taco shells instead.
We hope you enjoy this frugal recipe as much as we do. I love being able to enjoy something when dining out and then making it at home. It is a great money saver.
Copycat Recipe Cheddar's Nachos
- 1 box taco shells
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers - optional
- Brown ground beef and rinse with water to remove excess fat
- Return to skillet and mix 1 TBSP water with 2 TBSP taco seasoning
- Heat 1/2 can re-fried beans and mix with ground beef mixture
- Heat taco shells according to directions
- Break taco shells in half
- Spread refried bean/meat mixture over shells
- Sprinkle cheese on shells and return to the oven to melt
- Spoon salsa and sour cream on tacos
- Add jalapenos if desired
- Serve with Mexican Rice and Remaining Re-fried Beans for a complete meal.
Other Appetizer Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.