Oven Baked Spaghetti Casserole is a great comfort meal that you can prep ahead of time. It is perfect for potlucks, family gatherings or weeknight dinners. You can even freeze this meal and save for another time, making it a great freezer meal.With plenty of melted cheese it makes this Oven Baked Spaghetti Casserole so good!
Oven Baked Spaghetti Casserole is a great comfort meal that you can prep ahead of time. It is perfect for potlucks, family gatherings or weeknight dinners. You can even freeze this meal and save for another time, making it a great freezer meal.
Oven Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 package 16 ounce, spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 jar 32 ounce, meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese divided
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 9-12 minutes, Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef and onion until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes; Drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl.
- Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish.
- Top with half the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
And here is a recipe on How to make Homemade Marinara to put on top of your spaghetti!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole (Popular Post - Tastes great!)
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Casserole (Great one dish dinner meal!)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.