If you are looking for an EASY breakfast recipe that you can prep the night before then we have the perfect recipe for you. This overnight breakfast bake is to die for! I made this for my husband and he flipped out. While it was baking he kept asking, "What is that delicious smell". That is when I knew that I had a winner! Once I pulled the dish out of the oven and he tasted it then I knew for sure that I had a keeper! This breakfast casserole was so easy to make it was actually ridiculous! This is the perfect recipe for a holiday or when you have overnight company.
Best of all you can made this sweet breakfast casserole with any fruit depending on what you desire. I chose to use fresh blueberries but strawberries, raspberries or blackberries would be good too! I love to use DairyPure milk in my breakfast casserole. DairyPure is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, which ensures that DairyPure contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is cold shipped fresh from your local dairy, is continually quality tested to ensure purity and only comes from cows fed a healthy diet!
If you haven't had an opportunity to try DairyPure Milk, it is our favorite brand at our house. Fresh from your local dairy, new DairyPure milks and creams are now available in the dairy case at local grocery stores nationwide. Available in several varieties including whole, 2% reduced fat, 1% low fat and skim/fat free milks, as well as creams.
I chose to use whole milk for this recipe but you can choose any of these for your breakfast bake. You could even pour a little maple syrup on top or make a simple glaze for this but it really is sweet enough on its own. We hope your family enjoys it as much as we do!
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 package cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 cups croissants cubed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Butter a 9x9 baking dish.
- Layer your cubed croissants into a 9x9 baking dish.
- Add your cubed cream cheese to the top of the croissants.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Add blueberries on top.
- In a bowl beat your eggs and add your milk, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over casserole and refrigerate for at least 1 hour - up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (do not put in oven cold).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until egg is down in the middle.
This recipe was adapted from Kraft Foods.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe on behalf of DairyPure. All opinions are 100% our own.