It is Back-to-School season! If you are like me you are looking for a quick and protein filled breakfast for your kids on their way out of the door. I don't have time in the mornings to cook a scratch breakfast each morning. I wish I did but it is go, go, go in the morning. Check out these yummy Pancake & Sausage Muffins.
I am so excited about this recipe! My son LOVES pancakes and he also loves sausage links. I decided to turn two of his favorites into one quick and easy breakfast treat. Best of all it is so good that it can be enjoyed with our without syrup depending on if you are eating on the run or not.
- 2 cups of prepared pancake batter I used Hungry Jack, Cinnamon Spice
- 1 package of Johnsonville pre-cooked sausage links
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 2 cups of prepared pancake batter - follow package directions
- Heat 1 package of Johnsonville, pre-cooked sausage in the microwave for 1 minute
- Grease muffin tin (12 cup)
- Add pancake batter to the prepared muffin tin
- Chop sausage links and add to batter
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Optional - Serve with fresh fruit and syrup
Mornings can be mayhem for many moms, especially during back to school time. In fact, according to the Johnsonville Sausage Report nearly half of moms (40%) say that mornings can be so chaotic that everyone in the family needs to fend for themselves for breakfast. That is not an option at my house because I want to be sure my son starts his day powering up with protein as part of a balanced breakfast because it can help you feel full for longer.
Johnsonville is helping moms ‘hack’ morning time starting with a new (faster) approach to cooking a real, protein-packed breakfast – new fully cooked breakfast sausage. Just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and they are ready to eat. There are three new varieties include Original breakfast sausage, Vermont Maple Syrup and Turkey breakfast links and all are gluten free! I am in love with the Turkey Sausage! Pancake & Sausage Muffins are so easy to make and perfect for Back To School!
Check out our Morning Hacks for Inspiration!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Johnsonville Sausage however all opinions are 100% our own.
BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPES