This post may contain affiliate links.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich is a family tradition at our July 4th celebration! Peyton loves to make and eat these after he watches the July 4th parade. They are easy to make and it can save you a lot of money! Plus you are able to customize them to suit special occasions! Just use the sprinkles of your choice. Best of all you can determine what flavor of cookie and ice cream you want to use too! I am able to make mine gluten free and even dairy free by following this recipe!
After you make them you can wrap in waxed paper and enjoy as you want!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich
- 12 chocolate chip cookies prepared
- vanilla ice cream or your favorite ice cream
- Make sure your cookies have cooled before using them for this recipe.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of ice cream on the bottom size of the cookie and spread, you can use more ice cream if desired.
- Take another cookie and place on the bottom and squeeze together.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Roll in sprinkles.
- Once completed place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!