I love this Patriotic Trifle Recipe for Memorial Day, July 4th or Labor Day! It is perfect for picnics and time together with family. This recipe is sure to be one of everyone's favorites.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Patriotic Trifle Recipe
- 1 package 3 ounces berry blue gelatin
- 1 package 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake 8 to 10 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.