This easy recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie is so good you may eat the whole thing or your kids may! No shame from me if this happens. I was only able to get one slice before my boys indulged and ate the whole thing. This is why we have to be careful when we make peanut butter desserts! EVERYONE overeats!
I followed the recipe for Copycat Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie for the base layer. Next, I added Cool Whip and spread all over the top, then finished by adding cut up Reese Cup miniatures. My kids were in love! I asked them if they wanted me to add this recipe to our favorites and I got a thumbs up from everyone, including the hubby!
This is a great recipe for a party, potluck or baby shower. You can serve it with chocolate syrup dripped on top too! Be sure to try Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 whole Pie Crust Baked And Cooled
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 ½ ounces weight Bittersweet Chocolate, Chopped Finely
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 tub cool whip topping thawed
- 20 pieces of peanut butter cups miniatures chopped
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan; Stir or whisk together.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes (maybe less, maybe more; just watch it!).
- The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is beautifully combined.
- Pour the pudding into the pie crust (if there is extra, spoon it into small dishes) and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- Spread cool whip on top, next sprinkle peanut butter cups and serve!
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.