This easy recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie is so good you may eat the whole thing or your kids may! No shame from me is this happens. I was only able to get one slice before my boys indulge and ate the whole thing. It was good and they could not stop!
I followed the recipe for Copycat Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie for the base layer. Next I added Cool Whip and spread all over the top, then finished by adding cut up Reese Cup miniatures. My kids were in love! I asked them if they wanted me to add this recipe to our favorites and I got a thumbs up from everyone, including the hubby!
This is a great recipe for a party, potluck or baby shower. You can serve it with chocolate syrup dripped on top too! Be sure to try Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 whole Pie Crust Baked And Cooled
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 1/2 ounces weight Bittersweet Chocolate, Chopped Finely
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 tub cool whip topping thawed
- 20 pieces of peanut butter cups miniatures chopped
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan; Stir or whisk together.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes (maybe less, maybe more; just watch it!).
- The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is beautifully combined.
- Pour the pudding into the pie crust (if there is extra, spoon it into small dishes) and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- Spread cool whip on top, next sprinkle peanut butter cups and serve!
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.