Homemade apple pancakes are the perfect way to celebrate FALL!. I love this recipe on a crisp fall morning after we have gone apple picking. There is nothing better than the flavor combination of pumpkin pie spice with the apples. The homemade syrup is amazing or feel free to use traditional maple syrup.
In addition I like to garnish with walnuts (or nut of your choice) and some powered sugar. Trust me that this is the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe on a fall day. I hope you enjoy these homemade apple pancakes as much as we do. Best of all they can easily be made gluten free when you use gluten free bisquick. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1 large Egg
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ zest of a lemon
- 2 medium Apples, pared and cored
- 1 whole Lemon juice and zest for apple cider syrup
- 1 cup Apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- To make hot apple cider syrup: Add apple cider, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the liquid to a syrup consistency, by half.
- Set aside.
- Beat baking mix, egg and milk with rotary beater until smooth.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and lemon zest to batter and mix until incorporated.
- Grease griddle.
- Core and cut apples crosswise in ⅛-inch slices.
- Using a toothpick dip slices into batter.
- Cook on hot griddle until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve hot with apple cider syrup.