Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are amazing! This is hands down the most requested recipe that I make. My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
Use this tip on cooking your bacon in the oven to keep it crispy.
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- ¼ pound bacon diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 whole red potatoes quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- ½ pound cheddar cheese thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Green Onions optional
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.