This Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken is unbelievable! I made this for my family, and they literally FLIPPED over it! In fact, my niece asked me to make it again while she was still eating it and she is a teenager, so you know that doesn't happen very often. This is easy to make and is so moist and delicious.
If you are short on time, you can marinade it less but with at least two hours it is packed full of flavor! This easy dinner recipe contains all of my favorites! Chicken, bacon and cheese! It reminds of Alice Springs Chicken from Outback! My husband gobbled it up and thought it was out of this world delicious too! Be sure to give this yummy chicken recipe a try!
I served it with mashed potatoes, rolls and a vegetable. It is an easy recipe to make on a busy night but tastes like you spent hours on it!
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large resealable storage bag, combine the mustard, honey, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken and seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet (I used electric skillet) over medium heat, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides. Allow to cook for 20 minutes until thoroughly cooked and juices run clear.
- After cooked sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms with cooked crumbled bacon until tender. Remove to a small bowl.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, top with mushroom and bacon then top with cheeses and green onions.
- Cover with lid and allow for the cheese to melt. Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.