Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad is a healthy and low fat summer dish. I am always on the prowl for a low fat and healthy grilled fish dish. I recently started eating salmon or another type of fish once a week so this will be in the menu plan for sure. Anything with avocado and I am in. The combination of the corn salad makes for a nice healthy carb if you are carb cycling.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad
- Corn Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels removed from cob
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small ripe avocado diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 4- to 6-ounce salmon fillets
- Canola cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the salad, put corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, vinegars, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- For the salmon, preheat grill. Spray fillets all over with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin-side up, on grill. After about 2 minutes, turn salmon a quarter turn and cook 2 minutes longer. Flip salmon and grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove salmon from grill and serve immediately, topped with corn and avocado salad.
If you like this recipe you may also like: