This delicious copycat Pioneer Woman Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe is so easy to make! I love pot pies and this recipe is definitely one of the best that I have made. I was looking for a recipe to use leftover turkey I had from making 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Honeysuckle White turkey breast. I was able to dice the turkey and use it in this dinner recipe without it going to waste.
You can make this recipe in 45 minutes or less. If you have the meat already diced and the veggies chopped it will save you a lot of time. Be sure to try this Pioneer Woman Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe, you will not be disappointed at all!
Pioneer Woman Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Pioneer Woman Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe is delicious and easy to make! Perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups leftover turkey light and dark, diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 to 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth more if needed!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag Frozen peas optional
- 1 bunch Fresh thyme chopped
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet or dutch oven.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until translucent (a couple of minutes.)
- Add turkey and stir.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir; Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Pour in cream(May add frozen peas at this point if you’d like).
- Bring to a slow boil and allow mixture to cook and thicken for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (do not underseason), and fresh or dried thyme to taste.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish or deep pie pan.
- Roll out crust so that it’s about 1 inch larger than the pan you’re using.
- Place the crust on top of the pot pie mixture, and press crust into the sides of the dish.
- Cut vents in the top of the crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until very golden and bubbly and the crust is done.
- Allow to cool for a little bit before serving.
More Pioneer Woman Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.