This easy Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Recipe is so delicious! Beware you will not be able to eat just one piece! When it comes to Pumpkin anything, I have no self control! You will make this recipe one time and it will be your favorite treat. It also doesn't hurt you only need two ingredients! You can serve the cake as is, or with whipped cream or a frosting. I did a homemade butter frosting on the pumpkin cake and we loved it.
All you need is a box of chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin, or you can use two cups of fresh pumpkin. If you use fresh pumpkin make sure it has been cooked and mashed. Mix together the cake mix package and pumpkin. It will be thick and that is normal. Spread into a greased pan and bake in the oven according to the cake mix package directions. Once it is done, let it cool then serve.
Waiting for the cake to come out of the oven and cool was extremely difficult! I wanted to dig in right away! This Pumpkin Chocolate Cake Recipe was well worth the wait! My hubby wants me to make it again and take it to our family's Halloween party and it will make an appearance at Thanksgiving too.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree or 2 cups fresh pumpkin that has been cooked and mashed
- 1 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix box
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and pumpkin together.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve as is or top with whipped cream or frosting (which is what I did with Homemade Butter Frosting).
More Pumpkin Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.