Fall is in the air and if you are like me Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin is on your mind. We love all things pumpkin and when it comes to gift giving we love to make homemade gifts. In terms of beauty products we like to use all natural so this recipe really appeals to me. When Dixie Crystals Sugar invited us to partner with them we KNEW that this homemade Pumpkin Sugar Body Scrub was going to be perfect for fall and to share with you.
Pumpkin Brown Sugar Body Scrub exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time, gently sloughing away dry skin and revealing the healthy, new skin underneath. Best of all it has a delicious scent (yep, I almost wanted to eat it). Made with a few inexpensive pantry ingredients that you most likely already have in your stockpile (I did). Not only that but the added health benefits of using these natural ingredients are so beneficial to your skin. The sugar exfoliates dead skin and then the oil then acts as a natural moisturizer to the healthy new skin. The carotenoids in the pumpkin can also help keep the skin wrinkle-free according to Health Magazine. If you are like me Pumpkin is a comforting smell which makes me drawn to using this recipe as part of my weekly beauty routine each fall.
The combination of the ingredients in this Pumpkin Sugar Body Scrub not only provided me with the health benefits mentioned above but also lifted my spirit when I used it. It is simple to make gift idea for family, friends, co-workers or teachers. If you are giving this as a gift and you are looking for a fun way to personalize your homemade sugar scrub container then simply download a printable sugar scrub label to add the perfect finishing touch to your homemade gift. Simply print the labels on card stock, punch a hole in the corner of the card and attach with a ribbon or raffia, or print the labels as stickers, cut them out and adhere them to the sugar scrub container itself. Ball canning pint size jars or empty baby food jar would be perfect for this!
Pumpkin Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup real pumpkin can be canned or fresh, but not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil grapeseed oil or Coconut Oil
- 3 - 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice add more or less depending on preference - optional
- 1-2 drops essential oil cinnamon, ginger, clove
- Small decorative 4 - 6 ounce jar (we used a 1 pint - ball canning jar)
- Puree pumpkin in a blender if you using fresh.
- In a small bowl, gently combine brown sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add pumpkin pie spice or essential oils if using.
- Spoon mixture into decorative glass jar.
Directions for Use:
- Pumpkin Brown Sugar Scrub can be used on the face, hands and body.
- Gently scrub for 2-3 minutes before washing off.
- Because the scrub is made with natural and perishable ingredients the pumpkin sugar scrub should be used within 4-6 weeks and refrigerate leftovers.
I did a quick Instagram video making the Sugar Scrub too. It is so easy! To use you can apply it to your face, hands and body. I like to apply it to dry skin or slightly moist and gently scrub with a washcloth or my hands for 2-3 minutes before I was it off. Because the scrub is made with natural and perishable ingredients the pumpkin sugar scrub should be used within 4-6 weeks and refrigerate any leftovers.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals however all opinions are 100% our own. Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Their pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results.
Sugar Scrub Recipes:
A craft you will enjoy is How to Tie Dye With Sugar
A craft you will enjoy is Edible Play Dough Recipe